Why UX Designers Need UI Skills
The principal duty of UX designers is to make an experience of user best as well as makes website usable for the audience. One can solve end users problems by organizing an assessment of end user; hence in the profession of UX designer, one needs to empathize with a user. For the online success of any website UX designer and UI designers plays an important role. UX designer takes to care of overall user experience to give smooth and enjoyable experience, on the other hand, UI designer focuses more on presenting uniqueness of design which they draw on their observations.
Difference between UX designer and UI designer-
Notwithstanding both UX designer and UI designer are very similar as both have a responsibility of online success of a company. However, there are certain differences between both.
UX designer- a User experience
UI designer- Graphic designing for better interface
- Using tools-
UX designer- Sketch app
UI designer- Sticky notes
UX designer- Great technical knowledge and research
UI designer- color knowledge, graphics knowledge, typography, etc.
UX designers need UI skills to better user experience
UX design without UI is like painting without color; nowadays industries need UX designers who understand UI skills. As per recent studies, many companies waste their most time in a confusion of the functions of UX/UI. If a freelance UX designer knows UI skills, then it will be helpful for him to give best services to the client.
UI Skills for UX designer
- Usage of different fonts- Generally, UX designer use more of Arial font, nevertheless, there are other font languages also which UI designers use for presentation. For UX designer it will be relatively easy to learn typography for better services to the client as well as for better presentation of the website.
- Knowledge of Photoshop as well as a sketch- In user interface industry sketch is becoming favorite day by day, as one can easily excel himself in the world of digital design with sketch software. Adding to sketch software UX designer can also learn basics of Photoshop. Photoshop is handy software, as with this software UX designers can manage design on the website to attract consumers.
- Colour knowledge- Generally, UX designers don’t have that much idea about a color principal. User feeling, as well as mental status for a color combination, are crucial for UX designers. With a little knowledge of color principle, one can deliver more to users.
- Visual communication- UX designer must be sound in visual communication as it will create great and effective visuals. If one can align grid systems with their wireframes, then it will make visuals more expressive.
- Basics of graphic designing for inclusion as extra skill
UX designers need to care these points-
UX designers directly deal with user experience; therefore he needs to understand some user interface work that he can use for the betterment of website.
- Upgrade option he needs to check whether there is any interface issue in improving account while changing the scheme or not.
- Whether the designs are appropriate as per brand principals or not.
- Feedback option is essential as one can get a review of their clients. Hence one needs to check whether this option is provided appropriately or not.
UX designer should know these basics of providing transcendent services.